January 24, 2011

Fish Hat for the Dodge boys

Photobucket

I found this adorable Fish Hat at Knitty.com via Allcrafts.net.

I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton worsted weight yarn. The body is from a giant mixed ball that I don't know the name of and the accent colors are Hot Blue, White, and Mod Green.


Photobucket

I had a bit of trouble with the tail, so I'm not super thrilled with how it turned out. I read and reread the instructions, but I couldn't really suss out the where and how. I decided to just go ahead with it and mess with it when it was done. The end result? Well, it's done! :)




Ethan
Photobucket

Britton
Photobucket


Photobucket

For some reason the kids didn't want to wear it as a hat or just pulled down over their faces.
They wanted to be completely consumed by the fish hat.

Photobucket



Even dads like fish hats. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment