December 17, 2009

'No Wrong Side' Bookmark

Photobucket


This little No Wrong Side Bookmark that I found on the Knit with KT website was quick and fun to make. I can't remember which side is which and I can't decide which I like better. What an aptly named project.

Although it was the first time I had ever heard of p3Tog (purling 3 stitches together), the pattern was very straight forward for how intricate it looks. I made these two pretty much back to back, but I didn't feel like I got to the point that I could just knit along by memory, I had to keep the pattern open as I worked.

Also, I had to keep an eye on what I was doing (while watching TV or in low lighting) because I have a tendency to split the yarn when working with silky yarn, I found that I could see even one stray fiber in this delicate pattern.


Photobucket

Photobucket

The cream colored one I made for my Grandma for Christmas out of Caron Simply Soft worsted weight yarn. I can't remember the exact color, since I used the same skein for Jillian's Cupcake hat and I sent the paper wrap along with the hat for washing instructions. This bookmark came out the thinner of the two, with a draping quality.



Photobucket

Photobucket

The lavender bookmark I made for Toni, a senior I angel through Chemo and Senior Angels. I made it with Bernat Satin which is also a worsted weight yarn, but it came out bulkier than the cream one.

No comments:

Post a Comment