December 3, 2009

Donations for Whiskers, Tails and Ferals

Photobucket

Here are a few items I crocheted and donated to Whiskers, Tails and Ferals' Christmas Tree lot to try and help raise money for their cat and dog rescuing program.


Ava Hats

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made these Ava hats from a pattern I found at Hooked On Crochet using Bernat ultrasoft cotton yarn. I like to work with cotton yarn; it has a bit of grab when working with it (I sometimes have trouble with stitches sliding around) and the finished product has a bit of rigidity to it. The pattern worked up really quick and I just love the ribbon accent.


Baby Swirl Hat

Photobucket

I crocheted this newborn swirl hat with Premier Yarns Angel self shading yarn in the color 'Baby Daisy' from a pattern found at Craft Tutorials. The yarn is bouncy and light, but since it is made of two slightly puffy strands wound together, I had trouble accidentally splitting the yarn while working with it.

Also, I'm not too sure that I like the 'sinch to close top' style of hat. I never seem to be able to get the hole closed enough. I actually have multiple unfinished hats for this reason. In answer to the problem, I made a little pompom to cover the remaining hole.


Mushroom Pocket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This 'Shroom' pattern I found at Crochet Me was a lot of fun to make. It's my first amigurumi style creation. Mine didn't turn out as nice as the one in the pattern, but I'm going to try again and make a few small adjustments to the pattern. I'm hoping to figure out a way to make the lid separately and then sew it on, since my trouble was with getting the attached lid to line up correctly. I also think I might add a little filler to the base to help it keeps its form.

No comments:

Post a Comment