November 28, 2009

Sheep Blanket for Orlando

When I found out that my cousin was pregnant and that the baby's room had a farm style theme, I remembered this wonderful afghan I saw in Family Circle Easy Knitting Fall 2004 magazine. It was the first blanket I had ever knit. I had never changed yarn color in one project, carried yarn on the back side or dealt with different textures. It was way more complicated than I could have ever guessed, but I learned so much along the way.

Photobucket

I worked with llh tara yarn for the apple green color. It's a lovely Cotton/Nylon blend. It slid along the needles like slightly bouncy butter. The black and white yarns were from the back room of the store; no label, no information. They were fuzzy and slippery all at the same time. I wish I had some reference point for those two yarns; I'd like to work with them again.

Photobucket

To my utter surprise, the sheep blanket took two years to make! I may have gotten in over my head in my first knitted afghan endeavor. Now that Orlando is 18 months, it is finally done! Congratulations on your baby boy, Happy First Birthday, and Happy Thanksgiving all rolled into one.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Do you have the pattern to do the blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that I don't. It was from a magazine that has long since been donated.

      Delete