November 16, 2009

Hat for Jillian

Photobucket

This is a version of the Cupcake Hat found at Slumberland.org. The site has wonderful pictures of the hat, the pattern is in pdf form, and the author can accept paypal donations for the pattern she created.

I made this little hat for another new little cousin-to-be, Jillian. Her room is pink, chocolate brown and tan with a bit of apple green.

I made mine on US #7 needles because I used Caron Simply Soft worsted weight yarn. The flower pattern, in particular, gave me a little trouble in comprehending the pattern. The first flower was an absolute disaster. After making a mess of the first one, I understood what the instructions were and it turned out to be the most fun part of making the Cupcake Hat.

Photobucket

Since I used a vastly different yarn, my pictures don't look exactly like the hats from the original pattern. Actually, my hat resembles the little pink jellyfish from Finding Nemo.

Pearl From Nemo Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment