January 25, 2010

WoW Hearthstone

Photobucket

I play World of Warcraft and in my search to find WoW crafts online, I've noticed that people have made very cute things, but haven't posted any patterns.

I wanted to make a hearthstone (used to recall a character to it's home) and I tried very hard to document my wanderings as I made up this little plushie.

Photobucket
(fyi - hearthstones are kept in your bag.   /wink)



~~~

Rambling pattern follows:

I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Beige for the main color and Lion Brand Wool-ease Blue Heather for the rune.

US F hook

Chain 5 loosely.

Round 1 - 2 sc in the top of the second st, sc in the top of the next 2 st, 3 sc in the last st, (turning the work in a circle) sc in the top of the next 3 st. This should create a flat, oblong circle. {10}

Round 2 - 2 sc in the next 2 st, sc in the next 2 st, 2 sc in the next 3 st, sc in the next 3 st, 2 sc in the last st. {17}

Roundd 3 - 2 sc in the next 2 st, sc in the next 6 st, 2 sc in the next 3 st. {22}

Round 4 - 2 sc in the next 4 st, sc in 7 st, 2 sc in 4 st, sc in 7 st. {30}

Round 5 - sc in 2 st, 2 sc in 1 st, sc in 1 st, 2 sc in 1 st, sc in 5 st, 2 sc in 1 st, sc in 6 st, 2 sc in 1 st, sc in 1 st, 2 sc in 1 st, sc in 6 st, 2 sc in 1 st, sc in 3 st. {36}

Round 6, 7, 8 - sc around. {36}

This is the point that I embroidered the hearthstone symbol on the face of my project using the blue yarn.

Round 9 - sc in 2 st, (sc2tog, sc in 3 st) around and sc in the last 2 st. {29}

Round 10 - sc in 1 st, (sc2tog, sc in 3 st) around and sc in the last 1 st. {23}

Round 11 - sc in 1 st, (sc2tog, sc in 3 st) around and sc in the last 1 st. {17}

At this point I stuffed the hearthstone with polyfil.

To close, I went about another round of sc in 2 st, sc2tog. I started to loose track since the opening was so small.

I finished by sc2tog until it was closed.

Right before I pulled the tail through the last 2 stitches, I add a few poly-pellets to give the bottom a little weight. That was a messy experiment...

No comments:

Post a Comment